The Office of the CTO here at VMware has been busy preparing for VMworld US later this month. Will you be joining us in San Francisco? If so, make sure you check out some of our happenings onsite. We’ve got some can’t-miss technical sessions on the docket from our people– check them out, add them to your conference schedule, and stop by to say hi!
Technology Deep Dives & Futures Track: This new technology-focused track is sponsored by the VMware Office of the CTO. It offers 10+ Technology sessions, including presentations and interactive panels that will help customers plan and evolve their IT strategies and roadmaps around key technology. Attendees will learn about VMware’s technology direction, research, innovation and products from VMware’s technology leaders within R&D and the field.
VMware’s Office of the CTO Booth: Located in the Hang Space! Stop by our booth to learn about the cool innovative projects and technologies coming out of our CTO Office programs, and how VMware customers can get better connected with our field and R&D teams.
Here’s a list of our Technology Deep Dives & Futures track sessions:
- CTO6660 – Hot Topics in VMware R&D — David Tennenhouse, Udi Wieder, Dahlia Malkhi, Christopher Rossbach
Wondering what is happening in the world of VMware R&D? Attend this panel discussion with our Chief Research Officer David Tennenhouse to learn more, and hear from some of our VMware Research Group members.
- CTO6689-S – Closing the Loop: Towards a World of Software-Defined Decision Making — Paul Strong
We have started down the path of software-defined decision-making. In this Spotlight Session Paul will explore just how far this path might take us.
- CTO6454 – Delivering Maximum Performance for Scale-Out Applications with ESX 6 — Josh Simons, Liran Liss (Mellanox Technologies)
This Breakout Session covers how to configure systems to achieve top results.
- CTO6451 – Getting to 100% Virtualized: What’s it going to take? – Bhavesh Davda, Josh Simons
This talk will cover a few real-world workload cases from the worlds of Telecommunications, Financial Services, Big Data, and HPC. Bhavesh and Josh will discuss some of the ESXi enhancements that have been made over the past few releases, plus further enhancements in the works.
- CTO6121 – VMware and the ‘Internet-of-Things’– Greg Bolella, Matthias Schorer, Chris Wolf
So, what exactly is VMware up to in the IoT space? Greg, Matthias, and I will share some customer use cases and conduct a deep dive into Project Helix. We’ll also touch on how you can apply datacenter management tools (including AirWatch, LogInsight, and vRealize Operations Manager) to management, provisioning, and configuration control of IoT gateways.
- CTO6633 – Managing IT infrastructures by Data Analytics — Amak Poghosyan, Jon Herlocker
Interested in the application of data analytics to IT data? This is the talk for you. Amak and Jon will cover a diverse range of topics, including machine learning classification, statistical change point analysis, normalcy patterns, and predictive analytics.
- CTO6659 – Ask the Experts – Cloud Native Applications — Emad Benjamin, Joe Baguley, Robbie Jerrom, Martijn Baecke, Ed Hoppitt
This panel discussion is designed to offer you an insight and perspective into the world of Cloud-Native Apps. The panelists will walk you through VMware’s vision for next generation application development and hosting.
- CTO6455 – Future Meets Present: Insights from VMware’s Field CTOs — Chris Wolf, Joe Baguley, Paul Strong
As Field CTOs, we spend most of our time interacting with key customers. In this session we’ll discuss what we see as emerging trends and offer some insights into best practices.
- CTO6452 – Policy Unification: Enabling Policy Driven Automation of the SDDC – Greg Burk
This Breakout Session will outline our strategy to provide our customers with a way in which to use policy mechanisms and capabilities. We’ll also discuss how to best provide a platform on which we can all continue to build out complete, unified, policy-based management solutions.
- CTO6632 – VMware R&D CTO Panel – Ray O’Farrell, Allwyn Sequeira, Jon Herlocker, Guido Appenzeller, Paul Strong
What does a CTO dream about at night? Well, we might not end up answering that question, but we will provide some insight into the thinking of VMware’s R&D CTOs on our technology agendas, technology and product trends, and long-term goals.
- CTO6453 – The Future of Software-Defined Storage – What does it look like in 3 years time? — Richard McDougall
Richard will take us on a deep dive into the realm of software-defined storage. What does the future have in store? What trends are we seeing? Come to this session to find out!
- CTO4621 – From Software-Defined Data Center to Software-Defined Car – Greg Bolella, Emil Novakov, Matthias Schorer
Do you think of cars when you think of VMware? Not yet! Come to this session to learn about how existing VMware solutions contribute to the value chain of connected car environments.