There will be a High Performance Computing in Research and Data Analytics Roundtable session held on Monday evening in conjunction with VMworld US in San Francisco. This session is a part of the Government & Education Roundtable Series and is intended primarily for those customers. Seating is limited and registration is required. Registration is here.
Here’s the description of the HPC/Research session:
Join VMware experts to learn how VMware solutions can be used to increase the agility, flexibility, and effectiveness of high performance research computing and data analytics environments while still offering near-native application performance.
- Performance of Research/HPC workloads on vSphere 6
- Use-cases and benefits of virtualization for Research/HPC
- Private clouds for centralization of Research Computing resources
- Introducing VMware High Performance Analytics (HPA) – A multi-site, collaborative “research as a service” self-service solution for researchers/data scientists
- On-demand provisioning of HPC clusters and management of secure Data Islands using HPA
If you are interested in using VMware technologies for HPC and Research Computing workloads, please join us.
If you can’t attend the session, but will be at VMworld and would like to talk about HPC, I’ll be there all week and would be happy to talk with you. You can reach me (Josh Simons) directly at simons AT vmware.com. Note, too, that my two speaking sessions (CTO6451 and CTO6454) will touch on HPC as sample workloads, though I will not be giving an HPC-specific talk this year at the conference.