It’s hard to believe that only a year ago, at VMworld US 2018, we announced Project Concord, an open-source blockchain stack with a scalable byzantine fault tolerant engine at its core. A few months later, at VMworld Europe 2018, we announced the beta of the commercial solution – VMware Blockchain – that is built on top of Project Concord. Since that time, our engineering team has been hard at work adding many new and incredible features to the product. Most of our effort has focused on three major themes:
- Enterprise-grade decentralized trust. You get true scalability while maintaining strong security. To enhance your ability to have true decentralized trust we allow deployments across many different cloud environments with support from VMware on IBM Cloud, VMware Cloud on Amazon Web Services, and on-premises managed nodes with more cloud service providers being added soon.
- Day 2 operations.We paid a great deal of attention to having robust day 2 operations and a UI centered around knowing where your data is and how your blockchain network is behaving.
- Developer-ready.We also wanted to make sure that this was extremely friendly to developers. We added support for the Ethereum Virtual Machine, Digital Asset’s DAML language, and Hyperledger code on VMware Blockchain for flexibility in how you build your applications. We have advanced tooling for smart contract CI/CD operations and sample code to help you get started with ease.
As companies are exploring blockchain, many are looking to VMware to understand how to use the technology, the benefits, as well as technical capabilities. As such, our Office of the CTO published its perspective on how to leverage blockchain.
It’s been exciting to watch customers across all major verticals put VMware Blockchain through its paces. For those who will be in San Francisco next week, Blockchain will have a solid presence at VMworld, including:
- Our Hands on Labshas been completely revamped to show the latest version of VMware Blockchain along with real-world solutions and top partner integrations.
- Our main breakout session, VMware Blockchain: Distributed Trust at Scale – OCTO2657BU,on August 26 will go deep on what VMware Blockchain is and what problems it’s solving. For a full list of blockchain sessions at VMworld, please see our Content Catalog.
- There are also Meet the Expert sessions, sessions on application architecture and deployment, partner technology collaboration sessions, and executive sessions with our CTOs.
If you’re not attending VMworld or still can’t find what you’re looking for, feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to connecting with you and showing you the power of a true, enterprise-class blockchain solution – VMware Blockchain.