It’s hard to believe that VMworld 2021 is right around the corner. This year has flown by, marked by the extraordinary changes taking place in the world, as well as within our organization, with Kit Colbert’s promotion to VMware’s Chief Technical Officer. I’m delighted to share the array of innovations coming from our teams, all focused around one single-minded pursuit: solving our customers’ and partners’ most pressing problems while positioning them for the future.
Looking over the horizon, we see big changes coming. There is a pressing need to prioritize velocity and agility as we deploy and pivot security constructs. Machine learning is catalyzing solutions for complex enterprise challenges we could only imagine a decade ago. Edge computing has become a critical area of focus as we look to bring compute and machine learning to the farthest reaches of today’s elastic enterprise. And multi-cloud has become the norm, creating new opportunities to find innovative ways to better operate and optimize multiple clouds at scale.
These emerging trends and technologies are at the heart of this year’s Vision and Innovation Track at VMworld 2021. Kit Colbert and I will be delivering the solution keynote, which we hope will get you as pumped as we are about the work that has come out of the Office of the CTO (OCTO) over the previous year. We hope that you’ll discover new solutions, architectures, and perspectives that you can bring back with you to rev up your own company’s innovation engine.
The Vision and Innovation track has three subtracks — Co-Innovating in Action, Unlock Emerging Technologies, and Enable Intelligent Apps and Infrastructure. Below is a preview of some of the top sessions in each of these subtracks, featuring top technologists from the Research and Innovation group at VMworld 2021. I look forward to seeing you there.
Co-Innovating in Action
Continuous calibration — checking and modifying our assumptions based on feedback from customers, partners, and industry experts — is core to our approach to invention and innovation. In that spirit, we will be highlighting a range of new innovations developed in partnership with external and internal groups.
- Transform a Critical Capital Market Function using Blockchain [VI1797]
- xLabs – Co-Innovating Across Products, Partners and Customers [VI2105]
- Virtualized AI and HPC in Action at the University of Pisa [VI2263]
- Achieve Your Sustainability Goals Through VM Desired State Configuration [VI2644]
- Next-Generation SaltStack: What Idem Brings to SaltStack [VI1865]
Unlock Emerging Technologies
Learn about the work we’re doing in edge computing, modern applications, cloud services, crypto agility, post-quantum cryptography, machine learning, and more.
- Edge Computing in the VMware Office of the CTO: Innovations on the Horizon [VI2484]
- The Big Memory Transformation [VI2342]
- Evolution of Intelligent Edge and Electrical Grid Modernization [VI1455]
- Cryptographic Agility: Preparing for Quantum Safety and Future Transition [VI1505]
- Prepared for the New Memory Technology in Next Year’s Enterprise Servers? [VI2334]
- Upskill Your Workforce with Augmented and Virtual Reality and VMware [VI1596]
Enable Intelligent Apps and Infrastructure
Learn about emergent trends and specific developments in machine learning, AI, and high-performance computing. You’ll also hear about the benefits of federated machine learning and its implications for the enterprise. Gain an understanding of how our SASE architecture provides on-demand, high-performance, secure cloud services to users, wherever they work.
- Containerized Applications at the Edge Using VMware Tanzu and SASE [EDG2325]
- Radium: Bringing Multi-Architecture Compute to AI/ML Workloads [VI1297]
- Next-Generation Machine Learning with VMware: FML [VI1860]
- Modernizing AI/ML and HPC Workloads Using VMware Infrastructure [VI1801]
- A Multi-Cloud Kubernetes Solution for Enterprise HPC and AI/ML [VI1454]
- 5 Key Elements of an Effective Multi-Cloud Platform for Data and Analytics [MCL1594]