The following resources, authored by technologists in the Office of the CTO, are designed to help you unlock the power of VMware solutions, as well as to better understand and deploy some of today’s most advanced technologies.
- Taming Complexity in Server/Client(s) Testing in a CI Tool Using gRPC bufconn, by Dilip Tadepalli. November 5, 2021. This post explains how to use buffcon to set up an environment for testing and targeting a live server to implement full API testing against a gRPC server.
- Probabilistic Data Structures in Big Data and Streaming Applications, by Akash Jain. September 8, 2021. This blog post explores Bloom filter and a few other probabilistic data structures based on similar concepts (Counting Bloom filter, Bloom filter with deletion, Count-Min Sketch, cuckoo filter, and HyperLogLog). Probabilistic data structures use hash functions to randomize and compactly represent a set of items, making them extremely useful for big data and streaming applications.
- Machine Learning: Introduction to Feature Stores, by Ricky Ho (Alumnus). August 27, 2021. Learn how Feature Stores solve a host of issues in machine learning, such as feature silos, inconsistent feature creation, signal leakage, and more.
- Simplify Dask Deployments with Tanzu Kubernetes Grid and Helm, by Enrique Corro. August 19, 2021. How to deploy Dask (parallel compute for ML workloads) on Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG) clusters in a simple and reproducible manner — as easily as installing a Python environment.
- Golang Embedding, by Akash Jain. July 6, 2021. Learn how to embed in Go language.