The VMware Blockchain team attended the first-ever VMware Explore, a global event that brought 10K+ attendees to San Francisco at the end of August. The Blockchain team took full advantage of the new multifaceted event, meeting with customers & partners, leading breakout sessions, and demoing our latest tech at the expo booth. During our time there, we shared customer success stories, strategies on how to get started with VMware Blockchain, and our vision for the future of Blockchain technology and the industry.
We wanted to shine a spotlight on some of our key contributions to VMware Explore and provide some commentary on the key takeaways for customers and partners. If you couldn’t attend, here’s a rundown of what you may have missed.
Kit Colbert’s Solution Keynote, Innovation Through a Different Lens
Leading up to VMware Explore, we announced that VMware Blockchain is bringing Ethereum to the Enterprise. VMware Chief Technology Officer Kit Colbert did a great job showcasing the investment in enterprise blockchain, highlighting customer stories, and offering advice on how to get started with the VMware Blockchain for Ethereum beta. Kit was joined on stage by Australian Securities Exchange’s (ASX) CIO Dan Chesterman to discuss our collaborative innovation efforts, including their Blockchain as a Service offering, Synfini. Watch the full replay here.
This is just the beginning of VMware Blockchain’s investment into the Ethereum space as we continue to offer our customers the opportunity to build, run and scale the VMware Blockchain for Ethereum platform, now available in beta. To get started testing for yourself, sign up for our beta program at no cost.
Bringing Ethereum to the Enterprise
With the announcement of VMware Blockchain for Ethereum now available in beta, the event was full of buzz about the future of the VMware Blockchain. During an executive panel focused on the world of Web3, VMware CTO Kit Colbert talked about the multiple use cases of Web 3.0 and blockchain beyond the world of cryptocurrency. Chief Research and Innovation Officer, Chris Wolf shared his favorite VMware innovations during the CTO Advisor podcast, which included his take on VMware Blockchain. And the Virtually Speaking podcast crew featured ASX CIO, Dan Chesterman to talk about how ASX launched distributed ledger service built on VMware Blockchain.
What does this mean for the future of VMware Blockchain? We’re addressing gaps in the Ethereum ecosystem that are common for enterprise use cases, such as lack of privacy, scalability, governance, and support. As our Ethereum offering continues to evolve, we’re building the broadest and most mature stack to build blockchain networks, Web3 applications, and offer more widespread deployments
Breakout Sessions, Hands-On Labs, Demos & More
The VMware Blockchain team interacted with customers and partners during breakout sessions, sharing new use cases for enterprise blockchain solutions. We highlighted customer success stories and gave advice on getting started with VMware Blockchain.
Watch the breakout sessions now available on-demand:
- Building dApps on VMware Blockchain: Blockchain specialists Tony Bailey and Gintaras Pelenis described how VMware’s architecture abstracts away the underlying blockchain complexity, allowing developers to work with their existing tools and focus on building their decentralized applications. They also answered questions from the audience around where to apply blockchain, differences between private and public blockchains, and VMware’s support for Ethereum. Watch the full replay here.
- Wall Street is Paving a New Path on VMware Blockchain: Blockchain GTM lead, Joshua Lory discussed how blockchain is driving top-line growth and efficiencies in capital markets, use cases that are ripe for blockchain DLT, and how ecosystem networks are being built at ASX and Broadridge. Watch the full replay here.
- Infosys Vital Records Management Powered by VMware Blockchain for Ethereum: VMware Blockchain’s Joshua Lory chatted with Infosys’s Sri Calla about the pain points addressed by the Infosys vital records management solution powered by VMware Blockchain and Ethereum. They also shared customer stories and a demo of the customer and operator experience, along with how to get started with a solution trial. Watch the full replay here.
- VMware Blockchain Hands-on-Labs: Another opportunity for attendees to get up close with our solutions was at the VMware Blockchain Hands-On Labs. There, they interacted with new content and modules specifically for developers, architects, and operators. Attendees sat down and took the self-paced labs and joined one of the two 90-minute “Expert Led Workshops” where they could get answers directly from the VMware Blockchain experts. Take the VMware Blockchain Hands-On Lab here.
- VMware Explore Expo: Customers had the chance to walk through end-to-end demos of the VMware Blockchain platform and its integrations at the VMware Blockchain booth.
VMware Blockchain made a splash at VMware Explore 2022. And we’re looking to build on that momentum with a clear vision for the next chapter of blockchain. If you are ready to get started with VMware Blockchain, we want to hear from you. You can also reach out to learn more and test our newest offering, VMware Blockchain for Ethereum beta program.